Reefer Trucking Companies
Reefer Trucking Companies specialize in the expedited movement of fresh produce, meat, chilled beverages, and frozen products. Moving cargo needing refrigeration requires in-depth knowledge about temperature control in reefers, ideal temperature needed for each type of freight, and interaction between different refrigerated items. These variables need to be calculated into the equation for every refrigerated load transported.
- It is best to transport items that require the same optimum temperature to maintain freshness.
- Cross tainting occurs when fruits or vegetable are not compatible in humidity needs and rate of respiration. Produce gives off heat, odors, CO2 and ethylene. The taste of some produce will be tainted in such an environment.
- Maintaining ideal humidity is as important as temperature. Some produce will spoil quickly in an environment that is too humid, while low humidity can cause excessive dehydration.
- Although produce may be at ideal temperature when loaded, heat from the truck itself and varying temperatures as trucks traverse the country may alter trailer interior temperatures. Care must be taken to monitor and adjust during transit.
- Commodities should be pre-cooled to ideal temperature prior to loading and maintained as such.
- Care should be taken to prevent produce from shifting, causing damage to itself or other cargo. Even excessive vibration from the truck itself can cause damage.
- Loading and unloading should be done carefully and quickly.
Titan Translines is a trucking company you can trust to deliver your refrigerated goods in optimum shape. Check out our Quick Quote option or call our customer service line for your next shipping needs.Posted in Uncategorized